Cayuga today 1/23 ?

Might try to launch a trolling mission out of T-Falls today, can't get over there till noon & the usual partners in crime appear at this point to be unavailable. Not sure this will happen yet but drop me a pm if interested w/ cell #. -Andy

I've only been out 3 times and the bite has been funky. Top water action for us has been minimal. In fact I'll be pulling the planer lines off and running extra downriggers. The best action has been in the 60' range. The small fish has been in the entire water column. T-Falls area has been sour for us! Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate and we can continue our search mission!

Im too busy but il bet a dollar with the sun warming the creek it will bring up some fish, A run to millican might be worth it too, but in not really to familure with that lake..Now with that said to 70 ft range used to be a good depth from what some of my secret circle have mentioned (white)

What a gorgeous day on the water! A little on the slow side as far as the fishing goes but hey it was better than another day of ice fishing. Put 2 nice salmon and 2 good lakers in the cooler, tons of dinks. We found the salmon down 50' over 100-200, lakers were down 90'+ over same.

Depending on the time of year the active/feeding lakers on Cayuga can actually range a fair amount in terms of both suspended depth and total water column depth. Actually I'd go further to venture that during a lot of the summer anyway it seems to me that there are multiple populations of Lakers that are using different parts of the lake differently which is pretty cool and can lead to a number of different approaches all being successful to varying degrees at the same time.

agreed chowder, can be the same on seneca, we had a day this past summer, near the painted rock, we pulled three lakers form dipsys up high off the out riggers, and a bunch of LL's at like 75 ft down...it was fun and very interesting

Chowder,

They are two different strains of Lakers, one is a bottom dwelling strain and the other is a suspended strain. Don't ask me the names of the strains cause I can't remember. This was passed on to me by one of the Old timers on the lake.

If it's true I don't know, But it did sound reasonable. I think the one strain was Seneca.

Splitshot115

I second Splitshots statement. I have been told the same and when fishing slows on the suspended fish, I'll get brave and start "tickling" the bottom w/ the downriggers. I can say we have pulled some real pigs using this method on the large sand flats. But a from the wise, don't try this in areas w/ extreme structure.

Pretty darn cold this week by the sounds of it! Watch the black ice on the ramp & be real careful of you're transducer & other toys when you turn around (right Frisco ? ;) ), it's going to be a narrow slot of water and a lot of ice! Drop me a pm if you need a 2cd, I might go if you don't head out till mid morning.

Frisco,that sounds so much like our boat......Cyn does all the catchin' & Zeke the nettin'.Next weekend looks alot warmer.Are you going out???We're going up to check camp and a lunch @ the Pines.Let us know if you go.Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)