mendon ponds

Gaffman

my best out of Mendon ponds was 37 inch during the summer time but that was about 20 years ago me and my buddy use to fish it all the time and there is a lot of pike in there

anyone ever tried quaker pond back in the woods there? always wondered about this one while back there hiking but seems one the ice would be the only way to access it with all the vegetation around the edges. seen a bunch of minnows while crossing the stream there so it could be a good untapped spot.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

NM, Quaker the pond way back in the left corner off of 1/2 moon pond correct? I have fished that in the past and almost went back there a couple of weeks ago and have fished it in the past and gotten some pike.

Here's the 2 little guys :( we got

Photo0556.jpg

Photo0554.jpg

nice job...better than a sharp stick in the eye :lol: I know where you're talking about: Lost pond, but I've always heard 1/2 Moon referred to as Round pond. I got a lunker bass outta there a couple years back.

Anyways, Quaker is at the far south end of the park and not very close to any roads, which is partly why I think it gets little attention/pressure. its a good size though-about as big as Deep pond...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Boy you would think with all the time I spent there having a bunch of :beer: and throwing the Frisbee in the late 70's while skipping classes :o:( (My friends and I are why there is that steel gate at the road going up to devils bathtub, they got sick of us always pulling the "tree trunks" they put there to divert us out of the way with my friends truck GODZILLA:$;) ) I would have remembered that one :headbang: Deep pond was always a good place for bass and caught a nice crappy out of there too :yes:

• 11 months later...

Usually we get a few nice pike in the mix... a lot of skinny ones... there are some nice perch and crappies in there but you have to look for them... some fishing pressure on early ice at the ponds but guys move elsewhere as the season progresses and other waters become safe... there have been a couple of tournaments in the past around the Winterfest and some nice catches were had...

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...