Big Jon Auto Stops

UpGrady

Just looking for new ideas to make this autostop work better. The stock design of using a crimp to hold the autostop bead in place is not good. I had the cable break at the crimp last fall and lost my probe accordingly. I have been unable to get any satisfaction from Big Jon for this shoddy design. Does anyone have any ideas out there on how to make the system work better without this risk?

Yeah sorry upgrady, I didnt really aswer your question in a very realistic manner. When I had problems with my auto stops on my Big Jons I used the scotty beads also. I had the older style switch on them I believe. A round bead with a scotty stop on either side to keep it in position did the trick for me. A bit less expensive than buying scotties. lol

It looks to me that the scotty stop beads are plastic that snap closed around the cable and are fairly large in diameter. So, from the perspective of looking at them on the computer, I guess I don't see why one of them will not work on its own to trip the newer autostop in the Big Jon pulley.