more tourneys

Saturday July 24th Little Salmon River Challenge (Mexico)

Saturday June 26th A-TOM-MIK Challenge (Oswego)

Saturday August 28th Fair Haven Challenge (Fair Haven)

Entries 50 to 60 bucks

These events can cater to all for many reasons:

Not port limited (fish from any port)

Family welcome

Youth prizes

Small dollar entry

You can rank/fish against many of the big dogs

or your close buds from port to port

Many smaller vessels participate

Boat fields of 60 to 100+ entrants

Tom

king salmon,

I understand your frustration.. i grew up with 2 bro and a sister..it was real hard for my dad to put food on table and take care of family none the less his fishing adventures w me so heres what we used to do on a very limited budget i hope it helps ya :)

Find the closest port to fish from keep driving to a minimum

Find a derby that you are willing to pay for. and only one for now.

you have many event at a great price.

Like tom posted you have all those events you can fish.

Plus the spring loc which starts april 30 and goes till the 9 of may for 25 bucks and your fishing close to shore for a week like 30 ft and less..you will have all summer long to save for the fall loc derby (25 bucks) as well and again you wont end up in the shipping lane.. easy. there is also a pay every day derby thats going on and for 100.00 you can fish all year and have your chance to win a grand every day you fish. nothing like making a few thousand bucks while ur fishin.. and you also get to compete with all the other 3000 boats thats are fishing pro boats and am boats. that will test ur skills. beat the lake for a day.. r u up to it..

take small steps for now and fish what your wallet allows and thats it. Maybe by spending a bit of time around the area u may find some quality guys you would like to fish with. Then that in turn will open new avenues for you to go fishing as a team and split the bills..It takes time.

Again i hope it helped ya.

MAV

be carefull what you wish for,tournament fishing is a sickness or addiction once u start you can't get enough.stick with the loc it's a great way to play and if your lucky you might cash a check.if your fishing anyway you might as well have a chance at some dough.

talk with your local clubs and see if they offer 1 day derbys quite often their cheep to enter and lots of fun.everyone has to start somewhere

as far as someone to fish with ,post (looking for someone to share expences with)or something like that on lou and i'll bet tones of guys will be happy to help with costs for the chance to go salmon fishing on your boat.

just a thought