Batrix vs Rockets

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,

I just received an order from BAITRIX and will be running these HEAVEY!! Product/concept and their staff (GORD) really seem to be a top notch product. I will let you know once season gets going this year. You do the same if you try the tunable baitrix.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Just an FYI for anyone looking to try the "fake stuff", or just looking to keep a pack or two on board for when ya run out of the real deal.

Big Weenie Brand has it in stock. It's first quality (like everything BWB carries) and it will be availible at the LOTSA show. It will be first come first serve, as I don't know exactly how many packs will be available. I know we will have both the Imposter and Ice blue herring for sure!!

http://shop.bigweeniebrand.com/product. ... egoryId=-1

Hey Matt,

There is only one guy that I know that has run both Batrix and Rockets.

Chris Currie, (Rileysalmon) on the Spoonpullers board. I would send him a PM and I am sure he will give you a true comparison.

As far as the real deal goes, I tested the M.C. Rockets against herring strips in 2006 for 3 straight days in early july. 35 kings on the Rockets and 9 on cut bait strips. Basically, the Rockets out fished the real stuff 4 to 1. I haven't bought cut strips since 06.

Hope this helps

Al

I have ran the Rockets with great success. Last summer during early July I had been getting bit steady on my cut-bait rod, 11" DW Paddle/Rhys Davis bait head and Rhys Davis cut-bait. I now had 3 days of 8 hour charters ahead of me and really didn't want to keep using up my cut-bait inventory so I turned to the Rockets with the hopes they would still get "some" early morning aggressive fish. I was completely shocked at just how good this bait really was. That first time running one during that 8 hour charter it took at least 9-12 mature kings that day and was used for the following two days with the same good results. Also of interest that same first Rocket has taken 30 or more Chinooks and only has one small tear in it and is still very fish-able. I was very skeptical about running a piece rubber fake cut-bait but now realize they truly are a great alternative or replacement to cut-bait. I guess when you think about it, we catch fish on tinsel, we catch fish on steel, so why not rubber.

Hope that helps,

Dave

BTW: I have never ran the Baitrix so i am not able to comment on it.

Thanks HR

I already put an order in for some of the sizes you listed and I also ordered the frog colored one as well. I am going to try the Batrix as well.

Shade.

Last summer during early July I had been getting bit steady on my cut-bait rod, 11" DW Paddle/Rhys Davis bait head and Rhys Davis cut-bait. I now had 3 days of 8 hour charters ahead of me and really didn't want to keep using up my cut-bait inventory so I turned to the Rockets with the hopes they would still get "some" early morning aggressive fish. I was completely shocked at just how good this bait really was.

Dave,

Do you know if anyone has had success with rockets up your way in the spring?

Dick

They will work in the spring if the cut bait bite is on. We fished the KOTL last spring at Dalhousie and almost half of the 18 fish we boated on saturday bit a Rocket.

That was the first that I fished the area in 22 years.

We'll be back again this spring. We will try to do better. :):)

Al

baitrix vs mcrockets......hmmm....i have had the opportunity to use both these baits here on the north shore and i first must say that the baitrix(whole herring and anchovie) i have is not the tunable type....so when i used this product i was either placing the hooks into the body to get a roll or bending in/ out the bottom of the teaser to achieve a tighter or less roll....my catch rate was not good with them...not saying that they aren t good by any means...they just didn t connect for me....the rockets...on the other hand....have caught fish very consistantly and i have alot of confidence in this artificial...and we all no how important confidence is...i still use the baitrix now and again as they are a good looking artificial and maybe its my style of fishing that its not compatible with..who knows...but i am certain that the rockets are right now a product worth trying and having on board...there are several good colours available and 2 sizes and they all have the super glow one side.. you make the decisions for yourself....heck it wouldn t hurt to have both on board and this way your covered.... and believe me i am not trying to bash any product or in any way persuade anyone into choice..this is just my 2 cents... :beer: