We got a late start this am (a long story) and ran East away from the pack of boats that were allready working the pond outflow. We never found any big concentrations of fish. One here, one there. We ended up 7 for 8 on browns with an additional nice smallie. The bite really seemed to shut down once the sun got up for a while.

Two fish came off the rigger (Billy V Grape ape, down 5). The rest came off Smithwicks off of the planer boards. Most fish came in shallow (10-15fow).

We had a friend onboard who is a big inland stream trout fisherman. He had never fished Lake Ontario before. When we boated the first brown (average 3-4 lber) he couldn't believe we were calling it small. He was very impressed with the browns. I don't think he liked the lamprey that was attached to one of them as much. We tried to convince him that is a Lake Ontario tradition to attach the lamprey to your forearm for good luck on your first fish. He wasn't buying it even though we gave him our best sales job.

The water is really clearing up. Even around the creek mouths. We could use some rain.

PIC00086.jpg

PIC00087-3.jpg

PIC00089-1.jpg

PIC00099.jpg

PIC00094-3.jpg

PIC00097-1.jpg

The wife and I got up to F/H and set up camp at the St Pk in the morning, then decided to wait till afternoon to hit the water. It was a beautiful afternoon, but the fish weren't cooperating. Just one small steelhead, but at least I didn't go home with the skunk in the boat. Sunday morning we bagged it due to the wind. The wife has MS and I knew it would be too tough for her bouncing around out there. Alot of mixed reports, some of no fish, and others with a half dozen or so. Certainly not like last weekend. The old case of "shoulda been here yesterday". All in all a good trip, boat ran fine, and my first tow of the Wellcraft with the new Hemi Dodge, 14.2 MPG pulling about 3000 lbs. In March I towed my 15 foot Jon to GA and got 18.2 MPG. Happy with those figures. About a $75 bill round trip to F/H at $3.00 a gallon.