new to big water

martyp

Name: marty p

Home Port:Ibay

Boat Name/Type:264 wellcraft coastal

I fish for:browns, lakers and salmon

==================

Hi everyone, sure is different than pulling lead core for lakers in the adirondacks. Moved here from Old Forge a couple of years ago and am determined to learn the ropes on the big water. Bought everything I think I need except a probe and I'll probably get that soon. I 'm dying to get into the shallow water fishing in the spring. I found a couple of out riggers and am about to build the planer boards . hopefully the plans I found on line will do the trick. The only other issue I may have is the two 150 carberated out boards that will be idleing for many hours. I may buy a little 4stroke trolling motor if there is a way to mount it. Anyway, I hope to be able to report any success on this site spring and summer.

If you need some ideas for mounting that kicker on your Coastal theres alot of good info and pictures on Seaswirl Stripers owners club. We fish out of 240 Coastal and used some of their Ideas to make a custom mount out of Stainless. Those Stripers have very similar transoms to wellcrafts. Welcome to the site, theres tons of good info and tips from some generous folks. Good luck!

John H.