BAYSIDE PUB ICE FISHING TOURNMENT 1-30-10

gwright226

Well, fished Sodus today for the tourny and unfortunately didn't get into any tourny fish. However, my buddy and I had a banner day on the ice going 8 for 12 on pike ranging from 4 to 8.5 lbs, and iced about 15 decent perch, one of which was about a pound. Does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd place pike weighed? I thought about keeping the 8.5 for weigh-in, but I caught it first thing in the morning and I figured I'd need one 10+ lbs, so I let it go. I got quite the workout today drilling holes through the 12"+ of hard, clear ice on the bay, so tomorrow is re-coop day...

Congrats to those who placed in the tourny! :clap:

Well, fished Sodus today for the tourny and unfortunately didn't get into any tourny fish. However, my buddy and I had a banner day on the ice going 8 for 12 on pike ranging from 4 to 8.5 lbs, and iced about 15 decent perch, one of which was about a pound. Does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd place pike weighed? I thought about keeping the 8.5 for weigh-in, but I caught it first thing in the morning and I figured I'd need one 10+ lbs, so I let it go. I got quite the workout today drilling holes through the 12"+ of hard, clear ice on the bay, so tomorrow is re-coop day...

Congrats to those who placed in the tourny! :clap:

Just curious where you catch Pike on the bay I have been out 4 times trying to catch toothy there and haven't even had a flag I must be in the wrong location

Yah I have only been up around the islands it was early ice this year and didn't get any action but figured I needed to go back and try again, the water on the south end was real murky this weekend, way to cloudy for the toothy son of a b's to see bait more than 10" away. Tight lines bud

I had the same murky waters up the north end too, but they were still hungry there! I did hear of other people doing better in the murky water if they set their lines closer to the bottom, like 6 - 10". Something to try if the normal set-ups aren't working...