Perferred Temps?

Although fish are found "out of temp" quite often, here is a good starting point.

Species Degrees Fahrenheit

Chinook & Coho

52-55

Lake Trout

39-51

Rainbow Trout

60-70

Brown Trout

56-59

Brook Trout

55-65

Landlocked Salmon

45-55

Largemouth Bass

70-75

Smallmouth Bass

65-70

White Bass

65-75

Perch (White, Yellow)

55-70

Walleye Pike

55-70

Northern Pike

50-70

Muskellunge

60-70

Chain Pickerel

50-70

Sunfish, Bluegill, Crappie

65-75

http://www.attheoak.com/

HIH,

Shawn

hate to be a pain the butt but i dont believe this temps that have been set out to be true, this past year was wierd for salmon fishing the best temp seemed to be around 43 degrees for some wierd reason, also the big thing to look for really is where the thermal clien is, because yea fish have a prefferd temp but the big thing is to find where the water changes cause thats where the bait is.

I would recommend the depth raider. Fish the temp but dont be scared to fish out of temp, opposite of salmon boy, I took the many of my kings this year way above temp out of Fair Haven. We marked what we thought were kings high in 60-65 degree temp, they bit early and late but shut off during the day, oh yeah they were kings! They stayed high all day, but we could only get them to bite early and late.

yea the where the water really begins to change temp in just a few feet of depth change(thermolcine) is you usally where you want to start but yea don't be to can depth because this past year my hot temp was 43 but like gray fox siad they can be anywhere, I know for me that I would make a lot of fish in the temp gray fox is talking about but couldn't get those ones to bite, so try to experiment and use your graph as well, plus time of day and what kind of presentation you are using also can effect what your target temp is.