May-Craft boats

Misty IV

I attended the Baltimore boat show last weekend, and, while not in the market for a new boat, was interested in seeing what was out there. I found, what I believe could be, an incredible Great Lakes fishing boat from May-Craft. The model was the 2550 Pilot XL. Has anyone used these boats on the lake or know of anyone who has? I am just curious on any feedback from owners/users. Link to the boat is below. Total show price for the boat, Yamaha 250, trailer and some optional equipment, was $44,000.

http://www.maycraftboats.com/model_2550pilotxl.php

I hear ya! But, like I said, I just went to the show to look around and see what is new out there. I love my Islander and have no intentions of selling her. She's an awesome boat and I spent a lot of time searching for an Islander 221. Found a lot of 191's, but I wanted the 221. Hanging onto this girl for a long time!!

I like the center consoles MayCraft has too. That price is great for a brand new boat that size. I was gonna get a new 23 ft key west and just the boat twin 150's and trailer was nearly 70,000. I like repo's, specially when they are almost new ;)

Mark

I came across this on the hull truth.Maybe it will help you.According to these guys they are a solid well built boat,but the 25 has a low deadrise,not the best choice for a comfortable ride in the steep close together chop on lake O.

The pricing seems very low,when you compare them to lots of other brands.

I moved up to a 23 degree deadrise hull,and the difference in ride over a low degree deadrise when you're in the nasty stuff is astoundingly different.

Check out the replies to the question on Maycraft on this board.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... -boat.html