Niagra bar. Anything going on out there?

Northeast winds on Lake Erie have blown the warm waters down to Ohio, around Port Clinton near the Nuke Plant, they show low 50'sF. We need some steady Southwest winds to warm up eastern Lake Erie and then the Bar.

Ditto. We just got back from three days there. No concentrations of fish; scattered lakers, with some lucky guys pulling in a smallish salmon once-in-awhile. Temps around 41.5-43.5. And the dropoff is a minefield. There's submerged telephone poles, sticks and bags everywhere...Coast Guard was busy today. At least one boat got "holed".

Looks like great weather for flyfishing, though.

Gator

lots of cold water,canadian water a little warmer tough,but no fish there either,but saturday the lakers were coming on,we hooked into 11 good ones,kept 5 plus 1 good coho.seen quite a few hookups.talked to 1 guy who was out 200 fow down 100 got 2 kings.worth the shot to see if they are there.marked bait,some fish.

Getting a little worried myself, heading to Wilson Wednesday night for 4 days. I gotta believe with the warm weather expected this week the kings should at least start to show up in some numbers by the weekend :?: :?: :? Gotta think positive at this point.

DAN

Skein,

Where the heck where you fishing? Certainitly wasn't anywhere near me! Great catch! We finished today 3 for 3 with two cohos and a laker... saw very few nets moving and a TON of people complaining on the radio of no fish. Hopefully, tomorrow's warm water will heat things up a bit!

Nick

Both versions are correct...I fished the 6th thru the 11th. Early week was slow but we pounded them on Friday. 77 fish between two small rec boats. Fair amount of cohos but some decent kings in there too. Water temp is now up and fish are active. Started week at 43 degrees and finished at 48, before the NE blow on Sat. morning.