Sad news from Sodus

Time Out

my father in law had made plans to fish this morning with gary at the last minute he remembered that he had a physical therapy appointment and canceled plans. You always think after the fact what could have happened if things were different, if he was there could he have helped? or would we be reading about 2 tragedies. my prayers are also with garys family and with my father in law he is feeling alot of guilt about not being there with his friend, like Jeff said in the above post be safe out there.

Tom

OH MY GOD! That is my cousin :o:o;(;(;(;(

50 years he's been fishing, this had to be a fluky thing with the ice :@

He was a believer of God so he's gone on to a bigger and better fishing hole in the sky I am sure of that :yes:

Any other info about what happened would be GREATLY appreciated through a PM to me on here.

He's gonna be missed :(

Well my wife DVR'd the channel 31 news for me and got all the info I needed ;( . Can't believe it was his brother Bruce's birthday today besides. Looks like he just made a bad decision as to where to enter the ice :o

Sounds like his ice fishing equipment was holding him down too :(

that is horrible . i send my prayers out to the whole family , must be a black cloud over the area , williamson had a bad snowmobile crash and the guy had to be mercy flown to . be careful out there . saw guys ice fishin goin home today as i drove over the bay bridge.. lots of craks and soft lookin ice

Thanks to all of you that have had myself and Gary's family in your thoughts and prayers in means a lot to me to know that a great bunch of guys are here to lend support when someone has had some sort of tragic experience like this. I will certainly pass your condolences onto Gary's wife, step daughters, brother and mother when I see them this week.

Once again I know he's gone onto a much better place and I am sure he's looking down on us now as he's catching the biggest perch he's ever seen :)

Gary's big smile, sense of humor and perch catching abilities will be missed by all of us that knew him, but never forgotten :yes:

Gary here's to you, as used to say to me when I was a kid "we'll have to do a little fishin and catch some jack perch" ;(

• 2 weeks later...