I am heading out tomorrow (sunday 5/6) for my first real attempt with my new home made planer boards. I will be launching at the Genesee river around 6, probally head west. I have a white 23 foot Trophy with a hard top named SEA WOLF feel free to give me a shout on the VHF (i'll hang out on 68) and let me know what I'm missing. Thanks to everyone for all the advice on planer boards, lures, etc.

Good luck to everyone.

Dan

Well guys got out to IBay in "The Big Ugly" this morning. This was my first time on the bay and trolling, so things didnt go well for me either. Stayed in the bay, was too rough on the lake for me since I had the kids with me. So while I set up I had my 10 yr old hold her straight. Got 4 lines out two long lines 175 back with a firetiger on one and a yellow perch on the other short lines were 100 back black and silver on one and blue and silver on the other fishing in 15fow Long line with the firetiger went off like I had a 50lb salmon hit it got an a 20lb northern pike. Next pass on the east side on the firetiger aot a 3 lb largmouth, and that was it for us today that was at 7:30 this morning and stayed out till 11:00. Ended up getting frustrated with my 10 yr old told him to go strait he decided that he wanted to turn and ended up going in a circle, lets just say that was a bad thing.

If anyone wants to go out later today let me know, looking for some fishing partners since I dont have any. So drop me a line if anyone wants to go out later.

Good luck to everyone else.

Tracy Woodhams

[email protected]

Sorry guys didnt get a pic of it left my camera and cell phone in the truck. I bought a disposible one to keep in the boat. Sorry... From talking to a guy at work that is a pretty big fish for around here.

Woody5442

Ok, I don't feel quite so bad now... Was making a turn, wind pushed me a bit faster than i wanted and ended up wrapping the planer line in the prop, messed around with it for a while to no avail and ended up having to go for a very COLD swim. In the end other than losing one lure and some planer line, no harm done. On the other hand I learned my boat does well in 3 footers.... My dive buddy and I always say a bad day diving is still good experience, I guess the same applies.

Dan

Firediver, "a very cold swim?" With the water temps, you must have had some serious "shinkage problems" the boys must have been up about center chest. You got alot bigger set than me, I'd have never gone in that water. Hey, it's a continuous learning experience, keep at it, and better luck next time!