otter vs boards

Otters DONT flip! When they go through a wave, and they will, all they simply do is swim. Turn your boat at it and it will pop right up. From the knot to the front it should be 9.5 inches. Knot to rear 11.5 inches.

something you should try if your handy enough. Find a way to affix a metal washer to both the inside and outside of the board right over the pre-drilled holes. The holes WILL wear. This might help with that. I have had mine for 3 or 4 seasons now. They get used EVERY time I fish Spring-Fall.

Otters, hands down! We tried running regular boards with copper in big waves and have had them flip over and just wreak havoc on our set-up, tangling everything and ultimately breaking off the planer tow line. We've never had that problem with our Otters and we run coppers off of them in all kinds of big water.

i like the otters for the above reasons also ... i've had boards flip and dive once or twice ... not fun ...

o you guys run dual keels or just the 'stock' one ? ... i only have the single keel but was wondering if two would be better when pulling copper...