Wire line rods for Dipsey diver...................

ERABBIT

I got a e-mail from Cabela's for $20.00 off on my next order so I'm getting my 2nd TEK600LC (1st one cost $132.00 with my last rebate and Cabela's bucks). Now all the info you guys posted on rods is gone. So what do you all recomend please give it right down to the modle # if you can.

Thanks

I bought 2 9'6 Diawa heartland dipsey rods from marine general for $29.00 each great rod can't beet the price.I put twill tips on but there are guys that don't and run them just as they are if one breaks There cheap $$ to replace.That what was recomeded from these guys also.Good luck

Yep, the Heartland is the dipsy rod I'd recommend too. 9'6" for me. I don't replace the tips with twilly's until they need to be replaced. I ran two new Heartland's all of last season with the stock tips on them, and there was very little wear. I'll probably run them stock again this year.

Great buy for the money.

Bill

I like the 10'6" rods. I feel they get the spread a little wider. Plus on turns that extra foot helps keep the wire away from your outside riggers. Its all a personal preference. I know guys who use 8' rods too. I plan on getting two more wires on shorter rods so I can run 4 wires in the spring and fall.

I had Jeff, Miss-em, make me a set of 7' roller rods. These are a single blank. These rods worked great this last year. My friend was 84 and He reeled in all his own fish during the spring derby. He couldn't do that with the longer heaver rods. The rollers are a single foot so they don't stiffen up the rod at all.

I would go with the heartlands as well, hands down! I have the 10 fters and love them for a wider spread as well as keeping them away from your riggers when resetting lines or tight turns. They are a bit heavier than the 8 fters and storage mite be an issue. I keep the 2 pc rods connected all year and lay them down the center of my boat when trailering. The best part about the 10 ftrs is watchin the kings hit, that rod reacts great and sets the hook perfectly.

Old cutbait is a little late getting this in but I bought the 10 ft 6 in. Okuma roller rods .I run dodger flys constantly off them .Best speed control ever.You can see the rod tips bounce with the dodgers.

The big drawback is you need a lot of room in the back of the boat to land fish. Another plus is you get your junk farther back from the dipsey.I run my stuff 9ft back.

I got mine from a ebay store [brettsonthebay] I think it was around 100bucks for the pair.

Yea the heartlands worked well to, Ive got a pair. But the 10ft 6in rods handle the vicious strikes mated with the tekota reels better. Just plain smoother.....