Port Bay Fri-2/5

JR

Fished Port Bay today with Hank, from 9 - 3 nothing much to report caught a bunch of dinks and a few in the 8 to 9 inch range, all in all we had a good time chatting if nothing else :yes:

also had a chance to spoil Hank and let him see what it's like to fish in comfort with Heat, and Bob for some reason Hank kept measuring all the fish with his thumb, do you know anything about that ;)

Whelp 1st off I just don't know what this world is comin to. Here I am workin from hole ta hole with my traditional 5 gall. pail ( combo tackle box, rod holder, seat ), super deluxe ice fishin sled I built back in the 70's & my trusty Tas power auger that dates back some where around my birthdate. When I hear John holler. Hey if ya get chilly out there stop over to the condo, so a couple hrs. later I stumble over. 1st. thing that impressed me was the plumb of steam & warm air that hit me in the face from the heater when he let me in. I then make my way over two hole's in the ice that if I'd a planned ahead I could of run my planer boards in. :o That aside I settle into the padded seat with a comfortable back I might add, to check this thing out. John drops the awning down an lo & behold once my eye's adjust after bein out in the elements mind ya. I was greeted with all the comforts of home. Little tv settin there that I thought he was watch-in the afternoon soap's on, only to find out it was some sort of under water camera gizmo. Side a that was another gizmo that he later explained showed the bottom depth, an occasional little blip that meant a fish swam thru, but I was really impressed watch-in the little jig drop right on down where the fish were supost ta be. Yepp'er all the comforts & great company ta boot. Fish could of co operated a little better but a great day it was after my new learning curve and did I mention Heat & tv. :P

O by the way John the thumb deal. Ya did say you wouldn't keep anything under 9" didnt ya. :lol:

Whelp 1st off I just don't know what this world is comin to. Here I am workin from hole ta hole with my traditional 5 gall. pail ( combo tackle box, rod holder, seat ), super deluxe ice fishin sled I built back in the 70's & my trusty Tas power auger that dates back some where around my birthdate. When I hear John holler. Hey if ya get chilly out there stop over to the condo, so a couple hrs. later I stumble over. 1st. thing that impressed me was the plumb of steam & warm air that hit me in the face from the heater when he let me in. I then make my way over two hole's in the ice that if I'd a planned ahead I could of run my planer boards in. :o That aside I settle into the padded seat with a comfortable back I might add, to check this thing out. John drops the awning down an lo & behold once my eye's adjust after bein out in the elements mind ya. I was greeted with all the comforts of home. Little tv settin there that I thought he was watch-in the afternoon soap's on, only to find out it was some sort of under water camera gizmo. Side a that was another gizmo that he later explained showed the bottom depth, an occasional little blip that meant a fish swam thru, but I was really impressed watch-in the little jig drop right on down where the fish were supost ta be. Yepp'er all the comforts & great company ta boot. Fish could of co operated a little better but a great day it was after my new learning curve and did I mention Heat & tv. :P

O by the way John the thumb deal. Ya did say you wouldn't keep anything under 9" didnt ya. :lol:

Hank I can relate totally with that experience having gone with Gambler in his shed with heat and camera. Next time put another hole and drop a minnow down it and watch that baby move around too :yes:

Only thing else you needed to do was have some nice tenderloin and horseradish mayo sandwiches on crusty bread wrapped in foil. Then you place them on the heater (turn after a couple minutes) and there's your nice hot beef sandwich :o:yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap: Well when you buying your sled/tent maybe we can get a better deal on 2 of them :lol:

Tim, no we did not put out any tip ups or tip downs so i can't tell ya how the pike bite is .

Tom, tenderloin and horseradish mayo sandwiches on crusty bread :clap: you can fish with me anytime buddy ;)

And Brian, i think your on to something here Hmmmmm :thinking: