Never used Orvis 9' 8 wt 2 pc Tip Flex Fly Rod Zero Gravity

I bought this Fly Rod to fish bonefish in the Florida keys. I have been to the Keys twice now and have not used the rod once so I'm guessing it ain't gonna happen. I don't have time to fish the tribs, as winter is my busy season so I'm gonna sell this rod to someone who can use it before something bad happens to it :)

Here's the deal...THIS IS A BRAND NEW ROD MADE WITH A ZERO GRAVITY BLANK. I WAS TOLD BY THE FISHING PERSON I BOUGHT IT FROM IN VERMONT THAT ORVIS HAD AN EXCESS OF GRAPHITE THAT THEY WERE PAYING TO KEEP IN REFRIGERATED TRUCKS SO THEY DECIDED TO MAKE EXTRA RODS AND WHOLESALE THEM OUT INSTEAD OF PAYING THE HIGH COST OF RUNNING TRUCKS 24 HOURS A DAY. WHEN THE DEALERS FOUND OUT THEY THREW A FIT SO ORVIS COMPROMISED AND LEFT OFF THE NAME OF THE ROD ON THE ROD BLANK. SO THIS ROD DOES NOT SAY ON IT THAT IT IS A "ZERO GRAVITY", IT JUST SAYS ORVIS 9' 8WT LINE TIP FLEX 9.5. I WAS ASSURED THAT THIS IS NOT A FACTORY SECOND, IT IS A FIRST QUALITY ZERO GRAVITY ROD. THE REEL SEAT IS A TLS SALTWATER REEL SEAT WITH 1" REMOVABLE FIGHTING BUTT.

It comes with a brand new ROSS FLYSTART Titanium reel that was factory pre spooled with 7/8 fly line, backing and 9 ft. tapered leader.

I'd really prefer to sell as a combo...price is $280 firm PLUS shipping OR you can pick it up at the LOTSA show @ the Big Weenie booth.

Thanks!!

3GAv0.jpg

K88Z0.jpg

K8bt9.jpg

I thought so to Nick. I'll take it to the Lotsa show and If nobody is interested I'll just hold on to it. It just doesn't look like I'm gonna have the time to get into fly fishing until the kids get older.

• 1 year later...