seasquirrel, ill take you up, i cant wait to come up again, its a long haul for me, but i think i can manage! ill prob take a few trips out of sodus seeing its only an hour and half :). I will bet ya im back in oswego june

Are there also good spots where we can fish right from the shore, ie: a pier, wave barrier, etc, anything that doesn't require a boat?

I'm from the MTL area, but would love to come down and try some shore fishing if there's anything trout or salmon to be caught from the shore. :yes:

Yeash, I’ve got to get on this board more often, “Bob calling me the sheriff, NOT!" :rofl::rofl: Sounds good to me Bob on the taxing deal. :yes: I’ll take all the booze :beer: and end up doing exactly what you said, taxing it because we all know where to go when you need a beer! :beer: This way I would have been paid :clap: for all the tackle and other crap that “Purple Sea squirrel†takes off my boat. And no fun on the RED docks! That’s hard to believe with a bunch like us, that’s not possible. Someone will end up with a “FOR SALE†sign on there boat, the family jewels’ hanging from there rod holders, or some hot blow up chick just begging to go fishing. :lol: All in all Oswego is by far I believe to be the best port for fishing, you don’t have to go far, lots of fish and like Gray said it’s nice having the coast guard right there, so if you end up driving your boat into ford shoals they can come and get your stupid a$#. :D:D Bob I would be careful this year, sounds like you’re in for some RED dock extras. :clap:

Hmmm, notes to self:

Frank went undercover

Frank has lots of tackle to umm, borrow

Bring steel mesh underwear w/lock for family jewels safety

Put bicycle tire tube patch kit in tackle box

Check Mexico area for open slip

:D :D :D It's gonna be a good year. :beer::beer::beer:

i fish mexico seasonally. cant catch more browns anywhere in april than the mexico bay. in fall the kings stack up like cord wood and if you cant catch them you will definatly snag one, or get some scales on your fly at least. its a long run to cold water from mexico in late june early july. im gonna try to find a walleye population in mexico bay for summer action this year. they have to be there. plenty of structure inside 50 fow for eyes. if i could find a targetable fishery in june/july i would say mexico is best. its that summer slow that bogs mexico down for me. i dont like to run my old $4i+ kicker out to 300 fow. my uncle (knot-a-chance) got into a huge musky before in the bay on flasher fly combo. im gonna try and target some of those too. i read an article saying that its not too uncommon to find a rougue roaming musky in mexico bay.

• 2 weeks later...

I like olcott as like capt.vince said close in cold water and its sorta close to home.Also its really the only port ive really fished out of except wilson 1 time.....

I hope to get into the spring trout/kings this year as its my first"full"year fishing for kings/trout on ontario.i gotta learn the wind's out there as it would really suck getting up at 330am hauling the boat 45-1hr.(i know short compared to other's)but when works hard to come by it sucks.

Any ways if you see a old beat up white chevy with a green fender and black cap thats my truck and a 17ft.sylvan seamonster behind it thats my fishing vessel(kinda small to be called a vessel)lol but ive been saving my pennys and hoping with in 2 years to upgrade to atleast a 21-25ft pennyann or thompson.