A Seneca read & video

L&M

shure riggers work just drop em 10 to 15 ft bigger boys tend to relax below the crowd, but if the weeds let us we run 6 planer rods with stix..annnnd maybe a spoon or two...just be gentle as their lips rip easy and if you get into the dinks please drive out as you will be hurting a lot of fish undersized ....sometimes east ,west troll will help with a nervous close call with shore then spin around as tight as you can..and sometimes they dissapear (shut down)so dont get too excited about a banner report 1 day and run down the next also the bigger fish always seem to bite ----------------(cant tell ya everything)..and take a few lakers home with ya they are very tasty and firm in seneca,best eaten with out freezing first... SAFTY NOTE : tho he uses a propane heater and so do others i know,they are a major safty issue ,and ya got little to no help in the winter, Also most Inshurances will not cover a fire due to these ...(This i was informed of by a Inshurance boating expert)...so check the fine print of your policy,and a phone call to your agent should be considered..

you dont have to worry about me useing a heater I only have a small side counsel 17' I do not even know if it big enough to use on this lake ???? I have never fished off the boat in the winter because she is always put away but I just pulled her out today so I can go to the niagara next sat to get some steelies :yes:

If you trust your boat for winter steel hunting on the Niagara it is all set for winter trolling the Fingers. I have 165 Alumacraft w/ 40 hp 4 stroke & T8 kicker and it's plenty of boat for either of those jobs.

Interesting article....didnt see any downriggers..but thought I saw copper rig..........Also that crab fisherman smoker Phil Harris died today from stroke he suffered...We run a small heater on our trophy early in season or last trip out in fall....After that last trip when its 23 degrees at daylite I chicken out and go strait from the lake to the shop and get it winterized....Two days later Im headed south....This time of year he could be flatlining.