DAIWA 47LC

Chaff

I have 2 Daiwa 47 LC they are starting to reel hard when reeling in dispys or fighting fish. Has anyone else had this problem? I'am thinking of sending them to Daiwa to have them worked on. Has anyone had sucess with doing this?

Thanks Mike

I have heard great things about Tuna Tom, but Daiwa has some great technicians too. The plus with sending them back to Daiwa is they get a chance to open the reel up and see what exactly caused your problem, so if it is a problem that they continually see they can improve in future models. Either way you go your reels will be like new when they come back.

Nah Clark, Sealines have been the same for a while. The Accudepth was introduced as a price point reel for the guy who cant afford to outfit 6,8, or 10 rods with Sealines @ about a $100 a pop. They quickly fixed those Accudepths and the Accudepth Plus model was solid and still is. I own 6 of them and I know Billy beat the crap out of them on his wire divers with Lake Trout from Cayuga!

Hi CHAFF I work on reels and would be happy to take a look at them for you if you would like you can ship them to me or call me at 585 682 -3316 i am in ohio for a tackle show and you could drop them off.

Thanks

James

captain's Cove resort

14339 Roosevelt hwy

waterport ny 14571

K Gonefishin

I seen your message to late, I sent them to Daiwa yesterday.

Thanks Mike

Well for future reference and a local resource that's close to you..Rodmakers is a nice shop if you have never been there, check them out. Full line of everything from musky baits to fly's for steelies, trolling gear to lead pooring