2-9 senaca...... good day on the water...pic,s

thanks you guys for a great time i really enjoyed fishing with you guys.

lb88 its 50-50 in the morning the riggers were hot then, in the afternoon the dipsy took off. when we move in to 100 fow thats where we found the hungry fish. we marked tons of fish in the 100 to 150 fow range. but from the 150 fow to 250 fow there was tons of bait down 120 ft deep with fish all around it. the bait ball were tight so we know the fish were feeding we had to work the fish not around bait and it paid off.

I'm relatively new to the Northeast. Does Seneca Lake stay open all year - even close to shore/boat launches? I kayak fish and am gearing up to start doing more trolling for trout on the lakes using copper a line setup. I will also be getting properly equipped for cold-water kayak fishing next year.

Awesome, my new OKUMA's came today, i just put the twili tips on them, and am putting the second reel together. These poles aren't too bad, we'll see how they perform. sunday im planning a day on the water...trying too.

Thanks for the info on the twili tips. I just ordered a couple of them and a couple of slide divers. Lots of good stuff on that site! I too spend too much time online looking at fishing stuff I don't really need. I just gotta get out and use some of the stuff I already have! I just spooled up a new Okuma reel with copper and I am excitited to give it a try. I have only pulled copper by hand. ( Should I even admit that?? No, I'm not an old timer.....) It looks like the fishing is really hot this time of year!

Very nice examples of the pay-off related to the DEC efforts a few years ago treating the American Eel breeding location north in the Dresden delta. This is where Keuka spills into Seneca that is perfect for these little snots to reproduce and grow, awaiting their time to enter the lake. Their mission, as all of you know is to find and kill fish.

So the next time we moan and groan about that license fee, take a look at these pictures. If that treatment had not taken place, those fish would not look anything like what you see here......perfect. :)

Well done.

I'm relatively new to the Northeast. Does Seneca Lake stay open all year - even close to shore/boat launches? I kayak fish and am gearing up to start doing more trolling for trout on the lakes using copper a line setup. I will also be getting properly equipped for cold-water kayak fishing next year.

Yes Seneca as well as Cayuga, Canandaigua, and Keuka don't freeze in the winter except maybe their very northern and southern ends.

quattro, we had a couple of fish with eel marks and one that came to the boat with an eel still attached. jason made a quick release of that one before it came aboard. He really hates those nasty things! I would say of the 30+ fish we had maybe 3 or 4 with eel marks. So the ratio was somewhere near 9 or 10 to 1, not real bad.

yeah it was maybe 7. I checked out the belly and no eggs. It was just real fat and had huge shoulders. I was surprised at the width of that thing, it looked like a tuna the way it was shaped. The filets I got were huge - looked like some small king filets. yum! :yes: