Curious angler from afar: Seneca and Cayuga northern pike

I'm a long way from either lake, but curious as heck about the northern pike fishing in Lakes Seneca and Cayuga. How are the numbers? What about size?

How do you approach these fish? Springtime in shallow water? Summer much deeper? Shallow again in the fall?

What presentations/lures seem to work?

I've never been on either lake. Thank you for any information.

In the springtime when I target Browns in the shallows, they usually cost me about $15 per trip as they mangle my stickbaits! My Dad likes to target them in the fall...we'll usually throw Daredevils over the deep edge of a weedbed and catch one after the other....most Pike we've caught are in the 30's for length...I've heard of some high 40's being caught though! Both lakes are abundant of Pike.

In my opinon you are a few year's too late.

Seneca surged in pike #'s a few year's ago and had both banner #'s and size of fish. Since that time something has really decreased their #'s.

Your better bet may be Cayuga. So far the fish appear to have not been effected the way Seneca has been.

Good Luck

I did some Pike fishing just south of Milliken Power station in Cayuga lake just on the edge of the current and I caught some nice ones in the mid thirty inch range although most were in the high twenties.

One nasty surprise that was a lamprey on one of the pikes.that was the first time I ever saw one on a pike.