Where's da boat ??

Fishtails

This may be nothing unusual to you upstate New Yorkers and Erie guys, but down here in southeastern Pa this kind of snow doesn't happen to often :) My poor boat is burried......C'mon spring!! To think that only a week ago I was in shorts and bare feet fishing in the Fla. keys, and this is what I come back to :(

I don't know how you guys in the lake effect regions put up with this every year?

38FiS.jpg

39TDi.jpg

3bImS.jpg

Rod,

We do not have to deal with Hurricans in Florida or Tornado's in Kansas. Snow Melts. :lol: Now you can see why we shrink wrap our boats or them store inside.

Howie

I know Hank.....I guess you learn how to deal with it.....down here it shut everything down for two days straight :D

Just bustin on ya Rod. You guy's definitely got hit hard down that way & not alot of equipment to deal with it. Hopefully that'll be the end of it for ya.

I know....we are a bunch of snow sissies down here. I have like two shovels (one for each kid) :D:D

You couldn't pay me enough to live up in yer neck of the woods in the winter. I think I'm going back to Florida for awhile....I bet Ray K needs 2 more rods 8)

Ahhhh.....just a week ago we were wetting lines and pulling in monsters like this :rofl::rofl:

mONj9.jpg

That's what makes this little valley down here in Corning / Horseheads so beautiful. No lake effect like the guys above, and usually don't get the storms that hit PA. It's like a little oasis. I have lived all over NY. Grew up near Oswegatchie! None of you know what snow is until you spend a winter in the northern adirondacks!!!! I remember going out of the second floor window onto the porch roof, and walking right out onto the snow! I spent some time in Jamestown... Not quite the same amount of snow but it snows practically every night. Anywhere that snowmobiling is considered a basic method of travel and even the cops have decked out snowmobiles, is not somewhere I care to be!

Dear Trolling 82,

The Oswegatchie...Redfield, NY...Tug Hill Plateau...Circa 1954. Got 24 inches of SNOW in one night while Partridge Hunting in the Happy Valley State Area IN OCTOBER!! Got out of their in a hurry @ mid-night otherwise, we would have been their all winter! Really got to understand LAKE EFFECT weather first hand before "formal education". I do wonder about towns (Barnes Corners) that want to advertise that "we got 96 inches of snow in one 24 hour period" The snowmobile crowd really likes that area. More power to them! I can pass on major snow events and would prefer to being a little further SOUTH during such "whiteouts"!!

Respectfully submitted,

Jet Boat Bill

I must say the best weather I ever experienced was when I was stationed in Nevada. 110 degrees and less than 10% humidity! That was beautiful! You do get to missing rain and the color green though! :D

I think the worse was Mississippi. They have ocean effect there! 100 degrees and 100% humidity! It's funny how it could be a beautiful day down on the beach playing with those darn jelly fish and a storm swings in out of nowhere, drops 4 inches of rain, and is gone in 5 minutes. :@

All in all we do have it pretty good round here. Just ask someone from North Dakota! :rofl:

Yeah, we're definitely not used to this amount of snow in such a short period of time. Philly has already broken the record for snowiest winter ever at 71.9 inches. Where I live in the western suburbs, PennDOT did a fairly good job keeping up with the storms, but the small townships & boros struggled badly. The NWS predicted a bad winter for us, with 6-7 major snowstorms. We're well on our way to those totals. Well, better go clean off the boat (again) before the next round hits us tomorrow afternoon. I love this weather, btw!! But, still looking forward to the shakedown run in the spring.

Trolling 82,

Oswegatchie only got dustings! You had to go up the 3 lane hill if you wanted snow. We used to toboggan down the Twin Lakes Road from the Bank to the railroad tracks. Great ride but a long walk back. If you wanted cold you had to go to the frost pocket in Wanakena (always had a few -50 degree days). I can remember playing high school football at C-F in a foot of snow in October. Growing up I could never understand why trout season opened on April 1 when the lakes and streams never thawed until May. Your right about the winters in the Adirondacks. I've been a "Flatlander" now for 30+ years and I still don't miss them.