Fish Finder??

rdebadts

I NEED to get a new fish finder this year. My Lowrance(s) both lose bottom in >200 feet- granted the one is a very good unit that is >12 years old (so probably a transducer issue), the other is a cheap color version that is only a year old.

From what I gather, Furuno and RayMarine put out the best units. I (my wife) would like to keep it under 1000 theoretically. Any insight here? Thanks

Left hand side of the screen is 50KHZ (much wider cone angle), right hand side is 200KHZ. On the left hand side, the broad lines across the screen are the downrigger weights, other lines (arches are fish) & there is a streaker fish after the top rigger. I told my buddy to watch that pole & sure enough it popped & we had a nice low 20 lb salmon on. Good sonar will greatly increase your success fishing. Be sure to get the dual transducer option, & you will have the best of both worlds. My sonar reads bottom cruising at 35 mph to depths of 500', & will also show bait & fish.

SalmomMexicoPt8-27-09014.jpg

LMS 337 DF

I have fished as deep as 300' with this unit & have no problem seeing bait, fish & my downrigger weights. This unit is now obsolete, so you could only get one as a left over, used, or as an updated left over model. This unit is also a GPS.

I have had my eye on the new HD units, & if this one gives up, I will be getting one of those with the most power & for sure dual frequency.

I'll second iceman on the dual frequency transducer. I run 50/200 when fishing deeper than 50 ft. and its a nice option to have. Only other suggestion I have is to get the largest screen you can afford and fit on the boat. I upgraded to the Lowrance 113c last year and the large screen is awesome.

i recomend takin a drive, albeit for u maybe a long one to cabelas in hamburg pa, there they have the bargain cave with all kinds of units with nothing wrong with them for a large discount and for no reason except they were opened or returned, i picked up my raymarine there which at the time was an 1800.00 dollar unit for 800.00 and am very pleased with it, they have a good selection from top of the line to bottom and if nothing else its an awesome place to spend a day, the discount is worth the drive, you will however want to spend your lifes savings while your there, i dont know but you may have one that is closer to where u live?