Tilt and trim unit for 90 h.p. Johnson

c.bonaffine

Does anyone know where I can find A used tilt and trim unit for my 1983 90 h.p. Johnson. I bought the boat over 20 years ago.It did not come with one.The older I get the harder it is to lift it up when launching ect. I would need the complete kit-tilt motor wiring harnesses ect.I don't trust E-bay. I would rather support A local marina. I have tried Puglies and Silver Lake Marine with no luck. Thank you in advance for anyones help.

Jim Ras, or Mayers marina, North East corner of Irondequoit Bay. Both guys are great with older motors

If you cant find anything, they make after market units that will work with your motor. A bud of mine put one on his boat for the same reason you stated and it worked perfectly.

Something like this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat350012&id=0000925011020a&navCount=1&podId=0000925&parentId=cat350012&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IA&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

By the time you retro fit an older or used O.E. unit that your not sure is good or for that matter how long it;s going to work for. You might better go with a new after market unit as said above. It'll save a lot of time, aggravation & money in the long run.

Thank-you for all the help.Hank do the after market kits come with everything needed relays ect ? Are they hard to install in terms of having to retro-fit or are they basicly bolt on?

Yes to all the above C.B.. Bolt it, wire it up & go. There normally a relatively easy install.