Mistake With New Bow

Justin

Just got back home from the outdoor show in harrisburg and think I made a mistake.Was able to shoot the New Matthews Z7 and loved it but thought I would wait till I could shoot it again at the local shop. I just priced it here locally 899.99 but could have bought it for 750.00 on show special ;( I even had the okay with the wifey :lol: I was wondering if anyone has this bow or knows of a local shop with a good price for it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthrea ... ht=mathews

i buy all my bows on archerytalk... they may be slightly used but if you buy from a good seller you can count on it being a perfect sale. I bought 2 bows off of the guy in the thread, Great guy and sells a lot of bows at good but fair prices.

Some guys may feel they need a brand new bow but i have had great success with buying used. Also keep in mind, a problem with buying used is you have to set it up yourself but i have all the goodies for that! If you take it to a shop at least count on 50 bucks to set it up for you. :yes: also no warranty on the bow when used.

good luck i have heard the z7 is one of the nicest bows mathews has ever made!

I just got my Z7 and love it. SWEET Shooting bow. Barrett's Bowhunting on Lake St Horseheads/Elmira has them for $799. They spent the time to ensure it was steup to my liking and answered all of my questions, good guys. If you buy used or on-line remember the warranty is not transferrable.

I shoot an older Mathews ultra max and personally think the Mathews are over rated and expensive. There are a lot of excellent bows out there. I am in great need to upgrade myself but I doubt it will be a Mathews. The only other Mathews I shot was a ridgeback a few years ago. I thought it was torquey and I wasnt impressed for the coin. just my opinion

Bows are like snowmobiles or trucks... Everyone has their opinion of which is better and in the end they are all pretty good...

Bottom line, you need to find something you like and are comfortable with...

Some people like buying the latest and greatest thing, with the most advance technology and innovation.. Ifyou can afford to do that and enjoy it, all the power to you..

At the end of the day ensuring that the Bow fits you and is well tuned is more imprtant the the make or how old it is..

Even more important, is what you do with it when the moment of truth arises... i know a lot of people that have bows that can shoot 300 fps+, but can't hit the borad side of a barn when their heart starts pounding...

Just my 2 cents...

That said, if I was going to buy a new Matthews there is only one place i would go, Indian Mountain... Phil pays attention to details that a lot of other people do not...

I shoot an older Mathews ultra max and personally think the Mathews are over rated and expensive. There are a lot of excellent bows out there. I am in great need to upgrade myself but I doubt it will be a Mathews. The only other Mathews I shot was a ridgeback a few years ago. I thought it was torquey and I wasnt impressed for the coin. just my opinion

i don't understand your statement how could you say that it won't be a mathews even if you haven't shot any of them. Like today i wanted to love the hoyts and the elites and i wanted to hate the z7 cause of the waffle looking riser, but guess what z7 was a great quiet smooth and somewhat fast hunting bow. If you haven't shot a mathews since they made the switchback you will be pleased.

also out of all the bow companies i shot today, hoyt elite mathews pse and bowtech, mathews was the least expensive out of all of them...

bows don't create torque.. bad form does :P:P:rofl::rofl:

i dont know i love my ross cardiac and have yet like the feel of mathews , but everyone has there feel

agreed! If you want a back up one. Here is a sick deal on a brand new ross cardiac from south shore archery. 285 for a brand new bow

http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/

seasquirrel

deer rarely notice bad form when arrows are going through their lungs :lol:

I've had my mathews Outback for 4yrs now, and love it. I'm not saying I wouldn't shoot something else, but I can shoot it pretty good, it's smooth, quiet and fast enough for me. Like others here have said it's not the name on the bow it is how it feels and shoots for you. Can't wait for spring fishing season to get here :)

Go with Inddian Mountain Archery. The best bow buying experience I've ever had. Phil really knows what he's doing. I got a mission X3 from him last winter. I love the bow, and kills deer to boot.

Phil set up the bow, and when you pick it up you have to come on a day when the shop isn't open. He sets aside a 2 hour window to work with you, and make sure the bow fits you, and shoots fixed blade broad heads as good as field points. I've been shooting a bow since I was 10 years old, he helped me to improve my form. Now I'm drilling arrows in the backyard out 50 yards.

Can't say enough about Matthew's or Indian Mt. Archery