first stirrings of spring

rolmops

Today cabin fever got the better of me and I went outside and changed the bearings on my trailer.

Are any of you guys without heated storage out there already to prepare things for spring?Or am I just a lone fool to start that early?

No you are not alone :yes: I've been getting things done as well and feeezing my a$$ off in the process. I'm getting a space heater for next year.Still got a few more weekends before....The spring launch :yes::yes: Getter done it'll be here before ya know it.

Dont forget to check safety equipment, my flaires expire in june this year. Now I got a reason to go to Cabelas.

Organization is a good thing this time of year on flies, spoons boxes, etc. New line on rods, tying on new leaders on the copper and leadcore rods, checking and double checking equipment. Make yourself a to do list and youll be amazed of how much stuff you come up with.

Respooled all my planer rods w/ Maxima green & tied up a bunch of 6lb and 8lb leaders but to be honest I've never stopped fishing all winter! Boy, Rob is right though I sure do have a long list of nit picky stuff that still needs doing. :o

I wish I could see my boat. It's buried under about 5 feet of fresh snow with more on the way tomorrow and next weekend. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the snow. Area I live in just isn't used to getting 70+ inches in a month's time :)