north end of seneca

any one fish the northend this time of year for? is there a launch on the north end? I would be going after salmon and trout I live in rochester so geneva is about 55 miles closer than watkins. if there any guys that do fish the north end and could share a little info on where to start and what to start with that would be great. :beer:

I have never fished it between October and April as I'm usually into hunting over the winter but I can give you a starting point. There are a number of launches: The chamber of commerce is free right next to the Ramada but might be washed in this time of year. The Seneca Lake State park is just East of the chamber of commerce...they have a launch in an offshoot of the canal...problems here can be ice. Your best bet is Roy's Marina about 4 miles south of Geneva on rte 14 (West side of the lake). They charge $5 to launch and they sell bait.

Go straight out from roys and point the boat north...when you hit the point where the railroad tracks round the corner next to the lake(Geneva Country club) point the boat East as the depth comes up quick. If you zig-zag through there you should figure something out. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you do...maybe I'll have to sneak out there early this year myself!

Freeman, Jason gave you great advice on the North End. Along with that try starting in water 80-90 and work out from there. This time a year the fish can be down as far as 175ft. Although time consuming, sometimes I find it best to cruise around until we start marking fish and set up from there rather than trolling dead water. Early spring speeds usually best around 1.0-1.3 mph for me Good luck if you go out!

I had good luck last year on all the above. The deep fish were hitting spindoctor fly combos heavily, variety of colors. 28's or suttons will work good as well off the rigger. Copper however is the way to go. I run sticks off the boards for the rainbows and browns early am