DFoes the coated cable have additional blowback. I have synthetic cable :( on my big jon w/13 lb torpedo and has way to much blowback now. Dunno how heavy to go dont want to hurt the rigger.

If it does it is not worth worrying about. My beef is replacing the cable (another expense), and the diameter is different and changes the accuracy of the rigger counter. Not a big deal but enough to keep me from buying the unit.

it means you'll most likley be happy with either of them. Those of us that have the Depth Raider couldn't be happier with it and those that have the Fish Hawk seem to feel the same. The same can be said for the Sub Troll as well, I might add.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them really, though with the history of cannon's previous attempt, you might want to let someone else be the guinea pig until the get the bugs worked out of the new one :)

Tim

Not to throw fuel onto the fire, but in my eyes what's the difference? All three will prolly work just fine, and depending on your personal likes/dislikes in regards to x-ducer mounting, display methods, etc, all three will fill the bill. My biggest concern would be whether or not the performance of the unit remained consistant in regards to speed/temp on a day to day basis.

• 3 weeks later...

My Fishhawk 840 experience is similar to TB's. I contacted their customer service for support..... "shure, we'll look at your 840. Just send it (display/x-ducer/probe) to us with $100 and we'll let you know if we can do anything with it". I've got a plan for what they can do with it. ;) .... The X4 may be a great product, but after the 1st go round I won't purchase their products. My 840 ate batteries, was unreliable past 80 or 90 FOC, and had a display that would not display complete numbers on a hot dash in August. (The numbers became incomplete characters, missing "segments" in the display.)

really dont want in this issue, but... I was giving up on my fishhawk when they came

out with the new probe X-4 and hearing other guys saying it worked I got one. it is night and day over the old probe. it made me stay with it. I have a walker with down ttemp if any one needs that type.

john :)