Power Pro Line Capacity on an Okuma 45D ten color lead core

Ladies/Gents,

Can anybody please tell me the maximum amnt. of Power Pro 50# braid I can pre-spool my Convector 45D with before I add ten colors of 27# leadcore and 75' of fluoro leader?

Thanks,

- Chris

I would guess you could fit a 300yd spool....

BUT there is something I have been wanting to try..

ok here it goes:

take the line diameter and capacity specs from the reel.. divide the diameters by 2 this gives you radius.. Use (pi x r^2 x L) to find the volume of the reel.. use this same method to calculate the volume of the leader and the core. and subtract these from the original volume.. now you will have to take the final volume and use L=(V/(pixr^2)) to calculate the backing length..now you need to make sure you keep all the same units.. for diameter and length of all the lines and when you calculate the volume of the reel.

If you decide to give this a try let me know how this goes...

ok here it goes:

take the line diameter and capacity specs from the reel.. divide the diameters by 2 this gives you radius.. Use (pi x r^2 x L) to find the volume of the reel.. use this same method to calculate the volume of the leader and the core. and subtract these from the original volume.. now you will have to take the final volume and use L=(V/(pixr^2)) to calculate the backing length..now you need to make sure you keep all the same units.. for diameter and length of all the lines and when you calculate the volume of the reel.

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

ok here it goes:

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Just have your kids help you! 8)8)