The 2009 Casting vs. Trolling Break Down

Hey LOU-skis,

Was wondering what the breakdown was for 2009 when it came to casting vs. trolling for you? I was just about perfectly split last year at 50% casting, 50% trolling. I was also just about perfectly split when it came to fish boated – 50% caught casting, 50% caught trolling.

How did you stack up last year?

I would have to say that my year was 80% casting and 20 % trolling . If casting is producing fish I'll keep casting all day until I'm tired or need a bite to eat . Don't get me wrong I like trolling and have had very good times doing so but last season wasn't my year for pulling baits it just wasn't as consistant as casting for me . I trolled when I was tired and needed a break or when I was hungry and got a bite to eat and pulled some baits while eating .

Lance McFeely

THE FERD"

I hate trolling its too booring for me.

I'd rather cast til my arms fall off but i didnt get out much this year really only got out 5-6 times and mostly trolling at night and it didnt do anythign for me.i got 1 ski all year and it was a 43 incher off lake erie casting a topwater prop tail butcher.

I`d have to say 90% troll.I got 1 fish casting on waneta(not including a 4lb bass on dbl cowgirl)and some follows.But again trolling was my bread and butter.Unlike zach most of mine came 3.5-4mph...a few over 4mph and a couple @5.

I`m gearing up this winter for more casting this year.

Bob S

I'd say 75% casting/jigging and 25% trolling, since the summer I'm usually after bass and pike and thats when I get the most boat time. This year though I have a new set of easytrolls to put on the boat so now I'm not limited to shallow waters, and have the plans for some new boards, so this year might be closer to 50/50.