color of your line

lakebound88

Used to run only green, have been running clear lately. Guess the color of florocarbon leaders tells me something then again maybe not. Actually I think the fish are more interested in the lure than the line.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

You will notice the effects of the color of line choice more in certain conditions of water clarity, stained water will hide your line better and make your line choice irrelevant. Clear water makes it tougher for you to reproduce the realism of a bait if the day's light is magnifying your line to look the size of a mooring rope. I would definitely recommend the green line or clear fluorocarbon for spoon and body bait presentations, stay away from fluorescent line. Haven't used any pink line so can't comment on it other than to read the box and see what it claims to do, it may be invisible in water and appear pink when dry since red is the first color to be absorbed by water. Let us know how it performs.

Thanks Larry, i will let you know for sure. A 5lb spool was given to me by a fellow co worker, so i said what the heck, free line, saves me some serious cash and maybe it will make no difference at all, maybe it will. TIGHT LINES!!

Just curious but what is this p-line that you are talking about? Do you buy it in large spools or can you have it spooled on reels for you somewhere? Sounds like a good choice to me, I just got 4 new rod and reels that I need to put line on. What pound do you use for salmon with that line?

I ordered a 3000 yd spool of p-line yesterday after reading what you guys wrote about it, and it had great reviews on cabelas and basspro I can't wait to try it. I had a bad experience with vanish before ( giant birds nest), this stuff sounds much better though. Neither site had the spools of 3000 yd that I wanted so I had to hunt someone down on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...