NYS Projected park closures

rustyrat

total of 78 parks and historical sites. Geeze I wonder how much revenue will be lost due to the closure in comparison to the maintenance cost saved.....guess the grass and shrubs knows how to stop growing all by themselves. Really good idea..close down the beach at Hamlin for 3 days a week. Guess they forgot the beach is only really doing anything for about 10 weeks out of the year. The life guard pay saved might approach $1500 dollars saved...WOW...but wait that means the person who got the wages won't be able to spend the pay on goods and services offered in NY. Ramps to the Lake will be closed too? Well that helps the economy of the state, especially during the tournaments and derbies.

They might as well put up a sign at the state border saying the state is closed, we can't afford to take your money vacationers. OH but then how would they get to the Adirondack region which seems to have missed the calling somehow, or was that an oversight (undersight on Pattersons terms). This Albany administration is a joke, and now they want to hang on to our State Income Tax refunds too? What gambling hall are they gonna go use that in? One not in our state for sure, that would help the Indian reservations.

Mark

Just remember all this in November when you go to the polls. Every stinkin one of them, no matter what party affiliation, should be voted out. Let's start from ground zero and put people in that are gonna work for making New York State a place that people want to live & WORK, not live off the freebies.

Unfortunately this situation, much like the downturn in my industry( the Dairy industry), has no simple solution so let's not have a a predictable knee jerk reaction. Just b/c we are upset does not mean there is an easy answer- that's life. The State is broke & the Federal Gov. is broke and although each of us may feel like we know a simple answer to these problems the fact is we really don't and acting like we do is not going to help much! I'm not saying "Do Nothing" ,just trying to say "Be ready for complexity", b/c it's here to stay!

Very sad.

The state is not broke. It just keeps spending on things that have no payback. They raise fees on everything, eliminate the "little guy jobs" and then want to close down things that bring money into the state.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

$ 8,200,000,000 deficit is not broke? I need a new accountant.We need to spend less and this is unfortunatly part of it. I see the polo fields downstate are included. Might I suggest a cut in pay & benefits for all members of our state legislature for shared sacrifice ? Being the public servants they are & looking out for the good of the state I would think they would be all for it.

Rid the State goverment of corruption and stop the handouts to people who never worked a day in their lives AND WHO ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE to work and you would find the State would have plenty of money to function without being in the hole. These threats of reduced money to law enforcement and public education show you what kind of people are in office. Bring the taxes down and attract industy rather than rapeing it until it leaves. Now they are doing everything they can to kill the fishing industy. Higher fees and less services. :@

Use the power of the VOTE and get them the hell outa there.

Glen

Blah... It doesn't matter. Nothings going to change. We do not live in a "free" country. The common man/woman has no choice in what happens. We can only vote for someone who we 'hope' will make the choice we want. A "free" country exists only when there is no government. The word itself says it all. To govern. To rule. It's a tyranny by a different name. And yet they blast their trumpets around the world about how fantastic this government is. Any politician we throw out of office now, will only be replaced by one with maybe half the wits of the one before. The best way to elect someone worthwhile is to drive down a country road, pick up a farmer, and throw him in the position. It's about the only way you'll get a decent person in office.....

By the way, what do you have planned for a few years Chowder? :D

this winter (dec) their was a road crew near bath ny (are ya ready)) mowing along rt 17 (86) to get in the time to burn up their budget money due to no snow plowing..have ya ever seen the greyhound size busses running from ny to upstate with the ...nys...logo on the side ??????? They are hauling the family members of crininals in jails for "visits" for free(to them) and they get room and board during the visits,,,not to mention free housing (if they have no money) to move to the areas to be near the poor misfortunate ones that got caught breaking the law...Ill bet the cost of 1 jail cutting out free tv,and visits cost could save 1 or 2 parks,id guess their is a full time medical staff there too...put up little signs( If Your Gonna Stab Bubba ,Do It Between 8 am and 5 pm).................Ill bet 4 low securty prisoners could keep " The Oak" open without breaking a sweat................ah what do I (we) know about such complaicted matters shoot i cant even spellll properlie..