Reel's

Im in the market for new trolling reels.i have 4 magda pro 30 DLX reels(bought 'em last year used 3-4 trips)

I've been looking around and the 47lc's caught my eye,but dont seem to hold the line,as it say's from the catalog from cabela's.ADP47LC 280/20.

Now the Cabela's Depthmaster Gold Trolling Linecounter Reels in the reel size of DMG45 580/20 there a little more then the 47lc's but also hold more line which would help when a king makes a huge run,Also 2 reels will be used for leadcore.

Any feed back on these reels would be much helpful.Thanks.

Mac

I've got 2 ADP47lc's for short cores. They'll hold up to 5 colors and 300 yd of 30# Power Pro. I set them up as a 4 and a 6 but cut the 6 back to 5 colors because it rubbed the levelwind. If you want more lead on a reel than that, you'll have to go up to the ADP57lc. I've got 2 of them set up with a full core, 100ft of 30# Big Game and 300 yd of 30# Power Pro.

I have all ADP reels. 10 47lc's for riggers, wire dipsies and short cores, 2 for full cores and 3 27lc's for the wire thumper and braid slide divers. I haven't had a problem with any of them yet for one good season. Stay away from the old black Accudepth reel. They are junk.

Rich and the gang are right, you cant beat the 47ADP's for the price. If your getting spooled on Daiwa 47 size reels your drag is too loose or the boat is trolling too fast. I know Billy V tested them extensively as his wire diver reels for 3 years and never had one issue with them.

Can't beat the Diawa Sealines. I have had some of mine for 15 years and they are still running strong. Have seen the Okumas fall apart (Convectors and Magdas). Tekotas are very nice reels but very pricey. The only issue I have ever had with my Diawas is the drag clicker. I called Diawa and they sent me new drag clickers for free. 4 screws and 5 minutes later, they were good as new.