Need some feedback on Humminbird

Has anyone here used the Humminbird 788ci finder/GPS combo? I'm looking to put something a bit better on my boat, still have the old grayscale Lowrance right now.

I've priced this unit as low as $549, and it seems like a decent deal at that price. Are these units any good? Sensitive enough to mark a thermocline? Any feedback would be great.

Kevin

i also have a 782c2i with the map chip, works good, i did buy used on ebay and probaly wouldnt buy used again, for electronics its a big chance to take.If my state would stop taxing the living crap out of me i would buy 2 seperate units, one for gps and one just a graph, it becomes cumbersome i find fishing spring time if your trying to keep a heading on a steady depth 2 keep fliping screens.

I've been using a 787c for the past couple years. Have found it very reliable and have seen the thermocline with it. It marks the fish very well and has the option of using traditional "arches" or "fish symbols (3 sizes)" for identification. Didn't get the ci unit because already had a GPS on board.