Wastelands (AKA Niagara Bar) 5/8

Fished from 6-11am this morning ... water got rough so we got off.

We hit one 10lb king in 230fow 200' out on a dipsey #2 setting. It was about 3 miles east of the bar.

A few hooks at the bar today, only one or two follows. Saw lots of baits and hooks on the bottom at about 150', couldn't get them to go.

Maybe tomorrow.

Nick

Nick,

Atleast you have one king in the boat. Be patient, it will happen, did the winds shift yet? It is supposed to turn to the SW so it will be there. Good Luck, wish I could have stayed, boat is at the marina, hopefully will find out something soon. I will be in touch.

Rich

Hey Nick , Thanks for the reports...good or bad. Was supposed to be up there to right now but we postponed a week. Not an option to postpone again so we will be up there on Sat. Eric

Rich,

the winds did shift finally... we were out late last night and figured we'd sleep in today since we have to take a final exam via internet this afternoon. I had the radio on though, and didn't hear of any kings taken. Granted the radio probably doesn't reach all the way to the bar, but everyone I did hear was either skunked or a steelie or two. I'm hoping this new front moves the fish in.

Al,

Yeah we tried for lakers yesterday without much luck. We had that one two days ago, it was probably 10lbs, never popped the down rigger, felt like I was reeling in a shoe :) Theresa caught a 3lb coho though that fought like hell!

Eric,

Saturday will be our last fishing day, so we'll see you then! Bring some luck with you!

Nick

Nick - what are you taking online? Im obtaining my MBA through Phoenix right now. Wish I knew about online courses when i went through undergrad! Online classes are like fishing forums :lol: .

We're taking our system enginnering masters from George Washington University. It's not an online school (i wish!), but the professor was "nice" enough not to make us miss our vacation, so instead he told us we had to take it while we were on vacation... find an internet cafe or something. The wifi here at the marina SUCKS... we're sitting in the middle of the parking lot right now trying to fight the sun glare... should be a fun 3 hrs!

Nick

YT you're a life saver! I didn't think the internet worked at all over here since it was so weak by the lighthouse... turns out it's much stronger by our boats, thanks a ton!

Also, some older guy was here looking for crazy yankee sportfishing today... I'm guessing that's you? I told him where your boat was but that I didn't think you were here. Didn't see him again after that (and your boat is still floating) so not sure what he wanted :)

Nick