fort niagara

Dearest Salmonboy, you can still launch at the Youngstown launch. They just rennovated the launch and waterfront. Just turn down the hill at the blinking light in town and drive down past the Yaht club.

Hey thanks Gill-T, I was thinking about that just after i put my last post on, the big thing is i fish bar a lot from salmon, and i don't feel like running all the way from ollcott or wilson just to get to it. How does the launch at youngstown work, like what do you have to pay?

Adam, I don't think you will have a problem. I think the ramp is a little deeper than the fort. The only think that I do not like is the ramp is not solid it is made out of raised blocks of concrete. It is probably for traction but it seems like this will fail faster that a solid slab. I think it is wide enough to handle any trailerable boat.

We got our heads up our a@@es so far in this state it amazes me.We as taxpayers spend a fortune to have these improvments done for our benifit in our state to use our lake to catch the fish we pay to have stocked and the powers at be tell us like we are little kids we can't and lock us out.

There was a News story this am in Syracuse that all the people that had reservations at the parks scheduled for closure where cancelled and all money returned. Seems like a done deal without listening or discussions. I am sure they will put gates with locks up I know they have a gate at Wilson state park I am sure it is locked. It will be a legal issue to use them, as well as insurance liabilty. Very Sad Day :(

wont be the county either... more than likely the town will be taking it over... either way the ramp will still be in use just not maintained... they cant close the entrance gate due to homeowners on the Island ... if i had to guess whats gunna happen if the town dont take it over is that people will lose the use of the one disgusting bathroom that the park offered, they will prolly take the cleaning station out, and no dumpster....

Well I was done there sunday at 3 and road that leades down to the launch was gated off at all 3 enterance ways that you would use to get down there. I'm going to check it out agian on wednesday to see whats up, It could because of the snow IDK, i just want to know if its the park clouser thing that i've been reading about. Even though i didn't see the fort on the closed list.