April-May fishing charter

My buddy who has terminal cancer is looking to set up a trip before his time comes. Asked me about fishing in Ontario April to May. I recommended Brown trout fishing but would like to hear some other options. I am only familiar with the East end and know of a couple of Captains I'd recommend to him from what I know. Can anyone help me point him to some other options that may or may not be on the East end? He loves fishing and wants to experience something he never has before. Years ago we would come out and fish the fall run from my boat. I'm not confident I could put him on fish any other time of the year without some trial and error. Any recommendations and websites appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

May is a terific time to be out west on the Niagra Bar. Kings are usually plentiful and there are always the lakers if the kings are off. A few guys on here run trips out there and you could always check Niagra tourism. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Go to the west end , Niagara bar approx mid may for salmon ,steelheads & Lakers. A buddy of mine went thru the same thing & we took him to FLA in Dec about 6 years ago& Fished inshore. . We drove . Left Roc on Tuesday eve & we were back home Sun morning . It was an action packed trip. I'm glad we did it. Good luck.

Plenty of good captains fish out of Olcott and Wilson,Check out Western lake Ontario Olcott....brings up a site run by the Boat Doctors wife they have a listing of most all the Captains and acomodations in the area.I have been fishing out of Olcott for over 30 years I think it is really nice area not too far from the river either if weather is not real great.

CaptSpike,

The guys are right you really cant go wrong with the west end of the lake in may. There are plenty of good days to go fishing out there thats why so many of us captains go to it each year. You also really have to ask yourself what is really the most important part of your trip. I think that just spending the time on the water would outway the numbers game this time out. Keep it simple and easy for you guys as traveling could play a part in were you choose to fish with your buddy.. But i guess there is no place else i would rather be than on the water with my buddies too.

Good Luck

Capt. :yes: Chris

Thanks to everyone for the responses and pm's. I have passed the information on and obviously his condition will dictate the rest. I wish it was May right now so he could get this trip in. Not so sure he'll be able to get it done in a month or two. He's been battling Cancer for about a year and a half now. They found some new tumors and are trying some different treatments. I asked him if they had given him a time estimate and he said they hadn't but he knew it wouldn't be long as he is weak. Since that conversation he ran into my sister at the hospital and told her they gave him 3 months. He still hasn't told me that information and until he does I'm not going to let on I know. I just hope to share some quality time before we part our ways on earth.

Saddest part is he is only 51 yrs old. Way to young..............

Mark

CaptSpike