Looking for guidance on price for my boat...

I'm selling off my boat and fishing gear, and I'm trying to get a feel for a fair selling price.

I'm hoping to get $4250.00, but the market will guide me...

Here are the details of the boat:

1988 Sylvan Center Console 16SMC 14' & Trailer Evinrude 48SPL 2 stroke mix (1990)

Lowrance 520C GPS

Humminbird Matrix 37 fishfinder

Marine Radio

2 Deep Cell Batteries

ProSport Battery Charger/tender

Pedestal Seat

46lb. trolling motor

2 manual downriggers

5 Rods/Reels

Big tackle box filled right up...

Vests/Paddle/Nets/Anchor/Hull Savers/All required emergency gear...and more

Oh yea, I rewired the entire boat, added a fuse box used all new marine switches, put all new pumps and hose. It's virtually a brand new boat on the inside. Everything on it is marine grade, best quality.

The only thing I didn't fix 100% is the live well, but it's got a brand new pump and hose.

It's stored inside and winterized every year by the marina near me...(Ransomville, NY)

I don't have pics right now, I wasn't planning on selling (I'll spare you the sob story)

Let me know if there's any interest, or advice on price.

Thanks,

Dave Cox

[email protected]

I don't have photos at this time, but I'm trying to get it done by the weekend.

Does anyone think I'd be better off parting out the electronics and tackle then selling the boat stripped?

Thanks,

Dave

I would sell it as a package deal, but figure a price without options if someone is interested. You can always sell the other stuff on here.

Only you can tell what you will settle on the boat with & without options.

Well it's hard to say, pictures could help. you can try seeing on other sites how much a similar boat sells for (such as craigslist, kijiji etc...).

In the spring you could get a better deal as the fever is catching. a new 14 ft is probably around 12K. people like 4 strokes now though.

It's always what people see and what they're looking for.

Best of luck.

RN

Try going here http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.a ... p=0&f=5601

NADA Guides for boats.

Personaly, I'd sell all the tackle seperate. It won't make much of a difference if you sell it with the boat.

For a 16' Sylvan CNT $800 with no options and the motor is $195

You'd make out better than that selling it on Ebay

The market is down Dave. I know of 22 and 23 foot boats going for 4 to 6 grand and they are in very good condition. Kind of hard to justify your price for the size of the boat even if you have a ton into it. I sold my old 22 fter for a grand even though I had more than that into the trailer alone. The NADA sounds about right to me. dont mean to be a downer but thats the gig with used boats. Sell the gear seperate.

RR

Very true! The market is flooded with decent boats at reasonable prices for various reasons. I have an 88 24' Crestliner Sabre HT w/260 Merc. with gear valued about 6k. I can't afford to sell it. The only good thing is while boats do not hold their value, similar to cars, they typically do out live them. I can't imagine 12k for a 14'er. HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!

Dave, I work for a dealership and can assure you that it's a buyers market right now, but the sales are starting to pick up.I have alot of new boats that we are basically giving away, but we don't have much used inventory. If you want to shoot me an email with a phone # I can give you a call Friday as I am off tomorrow and headed fishing. I have a couple customers looking for similar boats and may be able to work something out on a consignment basis. [email protected]