New Trailer??

I just read a book that came with a boating magazine about Trailers. I don't trailer my boat very often so these comments are per this book.

The most important thing is to make sure the trailer matches the hull. It protects the hull and maks the boat easier to drive on and off.

Bunks vs rollers. Bunks are typically less expensive and are designed for float on float off launching. That usually requires the trailer to be backed farther in the water. Rollers are better for drive on and off. Larger heavier boats with deep v hulls are better suited for roller trailers. Most wooden hulls and ridged inflatables must have bunks for proper support.

If you launch at a shallow ramp rollers will help you glide the boat in the water. If the ramp is steep the boat may come off too quick with rollers.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

RB ,just bought a bunk style 2 yr ago no prob. every where around here excepy at the CG launch at sodus but nobody uses that one.i like the bunk lines up better when loading alone and boat sits about 1 ft lower on trailer less wind resistence going down the road and due to cradle style of bunks with the boat sitting lower its in the water as about the same depth if not sooner than with rollers stop over and take a look ,jst not this wknd seneca derby, 769 7947 ray k.

Any trailer has to be adjusted for the hull. It has to support the boat at the correct spots and helps to center the boat on to the trailer. Mine is pretty good the boat winds up in the same spot every time. I didn't do the adjusting. You don't want the bunk or rollers to set on a unsupported section of the hull. Mine is a roller with two short bunks that wind up under the I/O engine mounts of the hull. An easyloader brand. Just giving you more to think about ;)