(Day dreaming) Fishing log last year 3-21-09

Just looking over last year’s fishing log its getting the blood pumping this trip is one I will never forget with my dad and brother it was the first trip of the year it was a balmy 27F when we lunched out of I-Bay my boat just barley fits under the bridge by an inch or less we made it out on the open water just before day break with 6 newly spooled rods all rigged with shiny new F11s when we got out east about a mile and shut the boat off in 12fow water and seen the emerald green water color we knew it was game on! We got all of 2 rods set and zzzzz,zzzz FISH ON and the rest of the day was history we went 11 for 14 and had a blast!

i Just did inventory and replenished the lures that died in battle last year that’s always a sick feeling when you click submit and you realize you just spent $180 and you’re only getting 10 4â€pieces of balsa wood with a few hooks on them! Getting the boat out next weekend I will be ready when the conditions are!

NdARJ.jpg

LOL, this is funny. I went out to the barn on Monday evening and got my fish log out of the boat too. I've been looking at it on and off throughout the week. Gets the gears turning in my head, and coming up with game plans.

I'll be trying to make my escape also. I really hope this weather holds out like they say it will.

We just moved last fall, and I'm fishing out of new port, Sandy Creek. I've been looking forward to fishing out there since we moved. 30 min drive from the house.

Sharkbait, every dollar that you spend on fishing is money well spent. LOL

I was reading a thread on a icefishing board that stated there was open water by the channel. If this weather keeps up i am thinking it's not far behind before we can get out. The itch is really bad this year to get out on the big lake.

I just checked point breeze launch yesterday because I got the itch really bad also. The county launch (east side) is clear all the way to the lake, although th water level is low and there aren't any docks yet. Also checked Golden Hill and theres ice mountains in the lake guarding the entrance but it looks like they are slowly breaking up. Last year we were able to get out on March 15th and went 5 for 7 in about an hour and a half. this year we are gonna shoot for next saturday if the wave and weather reports look good.

If we get the warm weather and rain they are predicting it wont take long for launches to open up. Been thinking about digging the boat out of the snow bank as I need to get some work done on the big motor. Kicker motor still works though, so I could get out.

It seems like a long time until the browns really start but it will be over too soon. Guess I will start digging the boat out when I get home from work.

Well the lake was to rough for me this time of the year and the ice was still blocking the dropoff but the boat ran fine and other than losing the net on the way to the lake the shake down cruise is complete. Hopefully next weekend will bring calmer seas.