What LB test line for spring kings

This has been asked before but I have to ask again I have an old computer so it's hard to surf the site.I am heading to the oloctt area in May.I have always fished summer and fall so I always fished with 20 to 30 lb line. What size line do you guys recomend for this time of year This is a first time fishing in the spring time for kings so any info would be great.

Im running 25lb McCoy Mean Green. Spring Kings fight harder than summer and fall Kings. :ast year I had one almost spool us out to close to 900', and 2 on the wire that each took out 600+'.

Guest ReelDiel

come on yankee..u just have to catch bigger kings in the fall!!!!! :lol:

we haven't had any good back and forths in awhile i figure u and billy made a truce....on a serious note Erie lookin pretty good right now for some big bass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mike! I seen your name on the LOC board. Nice job!

I think some people got fed up with those feuds so we stopped. We still have them at work on AOL IM :lol: .

I wish I could make the trip to Erie. Im booked solid through the end of June. I have a state fed tourney on the river and plan on running out to sturgeon pt. Me and a buddy were just talkin on luch about him going this weekend. Im jealous! Especially since I havent gotten into the Kings yet. But that first rip will change that.

Whatever dude! At least I take pictures with the lure that caught the fish and dont do the 'ol bait and switch with the Habby! :lol: Your head is the size of a freakin pumpkin about that spoon.

I also am using 20lb big game. I've gotten out 4 times for the derby already and not even 1 fish. Went from the Oak down to Shadigee , East to Eagle creek and everywhere in between. I'm going to give it one more try in the morning and have to work until Monday after that. The best picture i found was out deeper in 100- 120 fow but that was last Saturday and they weren't cooperating. I even tried a Habenaro :D

Its a heck of a lot better through AOL IM becasue anything goes! I made Billy cry one day because I was ripping on FH fish. Little did he know I was just joking, but he wouldnt talk to me for a while.

Guest ReelDiel

sorry guys i cant take the credit...i haven't fished the derby. i pre fished thursday with my bro and we found a school of bigger lakers. He went back friday and popped a nice one early. we both run trips and use the same boat name keeps thing easier working together. i got 2 much work going on right now. heading to erie friday.... ;)