What pound line?

Thats a little heavy IMO for spoons( 12-!5) & definetly sticks(8-10) but good for Flashers & hardware. You can tie a flouro tippet on to get what you need & be versital. I think the diameter affects the action of the smaller baits most times IMO.

Bluewater,

I use 12# mono for spoons and 20# for flashers both with 10' of 20# flouro leader for my riggers and surface planers in the spring. When I'm targeting browns early, I only use 8# mono with 20# flouro leaders.

As soon as I see the first fleas, I change everything to 30# Big Game with 20# fluoro leaders.

Good luck,

- Chris

15# Big Game till July, 20# Big game until the fleas show, 30# Big game till Sept. Never really noticed any advantage to flourocarbon. I only use it for flies and dipsey leaders, the stiffness gets better action than mono for flies.

Greg,

Yes - I only buy 20# Seaguar leader material for everything I own. Everything is tied with an albright knot and it's always been successful for me. Personally I only target browns with my light tackle in the early spring or when it's rough and we stay shallow, so I'm no expert.

Good luck,

- Chris

Bluewater,

20 lb flourocarbon is a good line weight for fishing for Salmon and Salmon sized spoons will run just fine with it.

The flourocarbon is expensive line so you might want to think about spooling up with a 30 lb mono and use the 20 floro as a leader.

I use 20 to 30 feet.

I also use 20 lb for running spoons and plugs from the dipsy to the lure.

30 lb mono from the dipsy to flashers and flys.

I use wire from reel to dipsy.

Glen

Glen,

I got a good deal on some flouro it's 20lb but only 16lb diameter. Thanks for the info on the dipsys. I have a few rods still set up with heavier line that I will keep on for the dipsy's then, and I think I will use the new line for the rest. Thanks. Rob

The heavy mono will be OK for dipsys unless the fish are deep. You will sacrifice depth on your dipsys using it. If you don't want to go with wire, braided line would be a better choice. Much thinner diameter without giving up strength.

Just something to consider.

Good luck

Glen

Glen,

I havn't graduated to wire line yet even though I know there are a lot of benefits with it, I used it on my friends boats but I didn't like it much. I have used braided line for years do you recomend any brand? I was thinking maybe fireline crystal?

Rob

I'm so confused !!!! Spoonfed-1 , Spoonfed-111, both Glen ?????

Rod-

Your confused? Try fishin a tourney with him :)

On Glen's behalf.......

That's his multiple personality's talking amongst each other!

The only way he can get along with himself!

Glen,

Sorry boss couldn't resist!

See you in a few weeks!