Sodus Point/Sodus Bay Area Reports?

Hello guys,

Headed up to Sodus Point to fish Lake Ontario for the very first time next week and was just wondering how the action has been? My plan is to troll for browns in the morning and evening and possibly head a little deeper during the day in an attempt to find a king or two. In addition, I'm not ruling out the bay for pike, bass or whatever else wants to hit, if the weather is rough. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[email protected]

Can't speak for Sodus in particuliar, but the "in close" action is slowing quickly. Unless you find a patch of colored water, you may be better off start at 30-40 fow and working out to 80-120. I have been fishing west of the oak and we are finding plenty of fish, just haven't encountered any of size yet. Sliding dipseys have been hot, as have flasher/fly combos.

Thanks for the information guys. Hopefully things will be alright by the time we get up there next Wednesday. Just anxious to get out there and give it a shot.

Chris, any idea roughly how far off the boats were? Reason is were bringing up the 16 ft aluminum which has the realistic range of a mile or two offshore. Thanks again.

[email protected]