fished from 9p till 2 am.caught 3 eyes lost 2 more.river is very high and fast!!the eyes all hit green jointed raps.didnt mark many fish but the action was good.also if your goin to use a drift boat invest 10$ on a light!!damn near hit him trolling @1mph!!

Thanks for the info. Any other lures you tried? Also when did you go out. I am planning on being up there tomorrow and putting the boat in the river once my buddy and I get there.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Arrow_man

if your goin to use a drift boat invest 10$ on a light!!damn near hit him trolling @1mph!!

I don't know who it is, but I've almost hit him a couple of times at night. If someone knows who it is, we'd all appreciate a little common sense.

it may sound stubborn but,after 2 walleyes on green raps all three poles got green raps.size 14,jointed.good luck.as for the 3 guys in the drift boat.not very friendly and didnt want to answer why he had no light.he was catchin fish but had no brains

I've never understood why unpowered boats aren't required to display a light at all times when they are using the same waters as powered vessels. It just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Did you notice what kind of driftboat it was - just curious as to who it might be?

I was going to bite my tongue on this one.. but the Heck with it. I used to do the night fishing routine for Oswego eyes, but apparently I don't have the right temperment for it. The river wasn't too bad as long as everyone minded their manners.. and left their boards at home! But the last time I hit it at night was my Last time. We had to fish the breakwalls because the river was muddy and moving. Between the drift boats without lights that you couldn't see until you were on top of them.. and the couple of pompous "charter" captains (I know many good ones) who "own" the waters there.. and the overzealous Coast Guard crew that ran over my line (big fish on at the time) and boarded us at 2AM to do a safety inspection (took 3 guys an hour).. that's enough for me! Don't get me wrong...I have the greatest respect for our men in uniform. I'm a vet and my son's on his 10th year in the Navy.. but.. they could do their training exercise at the dock rather than harass the poor fisherman who gets a few hours every few weeks to fish. Anyway.. I'll stick to the wide-open waters, thank you! May catch less and smaller fish, but I'll come home smilin'. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I agree. It's the same sort of thing fishing the mouth of the Genny when the salmon start running. A whole carousel of boats and boards and stress and ill-manners. I fish to relax, not to have to fight that sort of stuff. I've wanted to take my boat to the Oswego for years but I'll stick to more placid waters like Honeoye or I-Bay for my eyes. No matter. I'm sure there's plenty of anglers who figure it's my loss and no skin off their *** if there's one less angler on their river.

I also used to fish the oswego river for walleyes. I had the same problems with people not having lights on there boats and the extreme amount of boating pressure in that small area. I would assume that during the week it is better. Never tried it then. If i fish the oswego harbor for walleyes now i just cast off the shore. It does work.

Pat

brianbassman...not to many rec. boaters when I'm out there. I usually don't even launch until after 10:00 PM and I'm pulling out just about the time the first couple AM boats are launching. Try night fishing for eyes. Your numbers will likely go up significantly....even for a rookie.

The last time i fished oswego for eyes i got close to a drift boat with no lights and he shined a spot light right in my eyes. my night vision was gone for a couple of minutes. i got sick of people trolling up my ***. Like sluggo said i fish better tasting eyes else where.

The LOU.com folks never cease to amaze me, you are the smartest most considerate of the fisherman around too bad, the knuckleheads without $10 bow lights can't use a computer or they might see this discussion.