3-9 senaca- jpainting-redeyes

real nice day on the water. came home with three lakers, but, for some reason i am losing alot on my dippsie rods ... i had 7 on and only put one in the boat... sunny day so we did not hammer them...hope to go on thursday... sould be overcast,,, and better for getting it done

REDEYES,,,,,,,,,,,JPAINTING

well snubbers main perpus so to help take the shock off your mono line running from your dipsies, so in my opinion you need snubbers expecially if your going to take that same setup and run it on the big pond. and for losing fish never had that problem with dipsies are you using tribble hooks and what kind of line you running on your rod?

Couple thoughts; 1. I like to use snubbers, I use the Howie snubbers, they are fairly unobtrusive. 2. I like to use flies w/ the tournament rig, i.e a single followed by a treble. 3. Set the drag so that it's just barely giving up a little line all the time, then after the fish is on DON'T HORSE IT, adjust the drag a little and work it in patiently! 4. For FLX sized fish a rod w/ some give is helpful.

slide divers i run no snubber, feel there is enough mono that it's not needed,switched trains of thought last year on wire divers, i now run a short snubber but set my dipsy very tight, 20# salmon will trip it but thats about it, oh the bottom will too!! pysically have to pop it when a fish is on.all my flies are retied to use double singles, i feel this eleminates the false hits (hooked in gill plate or under chin) yes it reduces the total fish to the boat but all hook ups are solid. i also feel that the shimano reels have reduced the amount of lost fish from pull-outs or broken leader. hope my boat is finished being repaired for a weekend trip!!! GOD bless----rollie

good question. i dont like to run snubbers with my dipsy. i have not used a snubber in 3 yrs. i set my drag a little looser to let the fish take a run. i'm fishing with jeff tomorrow so we'll work on the problem and see why he losing fish...

Like Jason, I dont run snubbers on my wire dipseys. You want a good reel with a great drag and use good leader from the dipsey to the flasher. We never lost a dipsey rig last year off wire, but I check the wire all of the time one nick in the wire and its going to brake. Sean

i have taken all of my flies ,and put new hooks, and all new swivels... so i will give it a try tomorrow,i got the best of the best...the fist part of the day is going to be overcast...

see what happens

not sure why so many replys showed up

I run my wire with no snubbers, (used To) But found better hook-ups without.

I let my dipsys out with the drag and not freespool. When I get the amount of line out that I want, I'll set the drag so that it clicks on a turn then a hair more and leave it. Have found that this method works better for me than using snubbers.

When I did use snubbers I used the clear ones from Opti Tackle.

Splitshot115

I run 30# wire to the dipsy and mono to flasher. NO Snubber! I land more fish without one. Tournament tie all my flies. My dipsies are not tight anything over 3 lbs will trip them. I use a med rod and let that take the shock. I like to fell the fish, the snubber takes that feeling away. Works for me on the FLX not much time on the big pond yet.

If it was easy it wouldn't be fun!