Rubber band releases

I thought I would try using the rubberbands for planer board releases this year and I was just curious what you guys are using for clips to put them on. I know there are a lot of different things people use. I have been told to just buy metal shower rod clips but is there something better?

Thanks

Rob

Bass Pro, Cabelas, & others sell all kinds of planer board releases. Personally, I use the rubber bands with shower rod clips & find they work as well as anything. What's nice about them is you can see a skipper by the way the tow line bobs back & forth if the fish is too small to break the release. Good luck on your decision, they all work. ;)

Seems crazy that someone would pollute the lake this way! I have never used them but with the price of release clips it can't be the cost, is it?

Nothing to do with cost I just heard that you get a lot less false releases with them. I have several pinch type releases. I don't believe that I am the only person to suggest using them, nor am I crazy. But I appreciate your concerns. :wondering:

Ok, come on guys, I appreciate your concern of rubber bands that do break down with time. But did you forget about the probes with batteries, lead & copper line break offs, lead rigger weights, spoons, etc, etc, etc, that get strewn on the bottom of the lake every year? I think that would be more of a concern than a 3" rubber band. Let's just forget about it and get back to worrying about when we're gonna get out on the open water again. ;)

I love rubber bands, but I never knew which size to pick.Usually it is whatever the mail man uses to bundle my letters.I will go and buy the #16 size.

Is the #16 also used at the down rigger?

As for lake pollution,I find that usually the broken band stays attached to the fishing line and can be put in your on board garbage bag.

So if you disagree with the moderators, you are insulting them??? Sounds just like the way the POTUS operates.

If that was aimed at me,you must have completely misunderstood me

I use #16 rubber bands.....to say rubber bands are a pollution concern is a big streach, but then some folks live to argue so what are ya gonna do? I just bought a couple pounds of them and I hope I use them all this season :devil: I totally agree with you rolmops....they stay attached to the line almost every time! They end up in the boat trash can, not in the lake.

Not for you!

If the insult was aimed at me, go ahead and take your best shot, but do it in a PM. That post was gone by the time I came on, but I wish I had seen it. Everyone here disagrees about one thing or another, but do it in a civil manner. We've gone thru this before & I thought we were buddies. ;)

Been using rubberband releases for years. The releases I use, (snapper stackers) the rubber band remains are still attached to the release (half hitched on it). They are taken off and thrown in the garbage. If they are used CORRECTLY, the rubberbands do not end up in the water.

I am the one who started this topic because I am trying to get my boat rigged up and I totally agree with you muskybob that if people have an issue they could have dealt with it through a pm instead of POLLUTING my topic. I must have missed that jab towards you from whoever it was. I always appreciate all the helpful tips from you and most others on this site, and I also plan to use many rubberbands!!! I can't tell you how many times I have pulled up giant wads of mono tangled with hooks and every type of jig, lure, and rubber worm you can think of while salmon fishing from shore. If you plan to fish things are bound to end up in the river or lake! The only way to avoid it is to stop fishing and that will NEVER happen.