Lakers...

Going to be going out of either IBay or Bear Creek, I want to put my little ones on some Lakers, even though I might have spoiled my 10 yr old on a king the other day, can anyone tell me where they are in the spring, what depth to fish for them at and what to use, got spoons, flies and flashers, dodgers sping drs, stick baits, what works on them now?

I know in the summer when I went out with Hooked Up Charters we fished out in front of Braddock Bay in 120 right off the bottom and they used a white fly with a chrome flasher.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Woody5442

Woody,

Start in 120 off of Hedges and work out as deep as 180. You will find them somewhere in that area. Peanuts and cowbells on the bottom. I like blue and silver cowbells if you are deeper than 130'. Mt. Dew colored cowbells with a glow peanut is killer shallower than 130'

Gambler,

Ok, what are peanuts and cowbells, never heard of them before now, and where can I get them, another thing where is Hedges is that out of IBay, herd of it befor but never been there.

Thanks for the imput, I know not many people like to fish for Lakers...

Woody5442

Cowbells are a set of blades that go infront of a peanut or spin glow. You can get the cowbells at Mitchels, Gander Mountain, B & E, or Jay V. Buy the Hammerhead cowbells. For peanuts, buy glow in blue or green, silver, and blue and silver. Run the Cowbells 10 - 20 feet behind the ball and run your rigger 1 - 5' off the bottom.

Hedges is East of I-bay about 6 miles (just past Webster Park). It is a white resturant on the water with a big bluff next to it on the East side.