sealine 27 & copper

Is this a good combination for dipsey divers . Recently purchased 2 diawa sealine 27 reels and would like to use them in this appliction but new to sport and wonder about copper line as opposed to stailess wire or even mono for dipser diver set up. Will be using diawa heartland rods with twilly tips . Pease help the newbie

Thanks loads

I would keep the 27's for Rainbow's and Coho's fishing up high in the water column. You could also use them for Brown's in the shallows using mono. With Salmon, more line = more fish. This will be my 2nd full year here fishing for Salmon. Have not yet tried copper but dipsey's on wire and Heartlands/Twili is fun. You gonna need a bigger reel to hold all that line. 1,000 feet of wire and 150' of backing adds up fast.

Good Luck, Rob!

In my opinion - The backing isnt necessary for wire, but you WILL need the larger 47 series reel to house the 30 # S.S. wire. There simply isnt enough capacity on those 27s.

Good luck!

I have a pair of 27's that I use for spring brown fishing, and downrigging for upper level fish above 40' (steelhead, cohos)

I have them spooled with #15 mono. Great lightweight reels that when paired with a LIGHT action downrigger rod make for my favorite set-up to catch fish on.