Question?

Well, finally the time has come and my girlfriend's father and I will be making our way up to Sodus on Wednesday. I've tried my best to learn as much as I can before we get there and have been reading the reports. Now with two guys on the boat, and a maximum of four rods to put out, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a good setup to start with?

It appears, from what I've been reading, that currently there has been some bow/coho action the upper water column out over deeper water so my thought was to start with a two board setup to either side of the boat with a spoon/splitshot combo, one flat line set back approximately 150 to 200 ft with a stickbait and either a dipsey/spoon combo or spoon off the rigger slightly deeper. Would that be putting too many baits in the upper water column? In deeper water, should I always run at least one rod a bit deeper? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I do realize that conditions can and will change from location to location but i am trying to get a general game plan for my initial setup. Thank you.

[email protected]

I'm curious who your stepson is? I coached with the Ranger Midget squad the past two years. Last year was a tough one but the kids hung in there throughout the season. I'm sure i'll see you around town then.